Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an add of a beautiful cat tree house on sale. I contacted the seller and after some questions, I decided to go and take a look.

I loved it the minute I saw it, so after I put it in my car and paid for it (around 100 dollars) I went back inside to see this woman's cats. I ALMOST FAINTED. It was the first time I saw a Maine **** in real life. yeah I know, this naive South American...but I thought there were no such cats down here... They were HUGE (And I thought Ice was big...) well they were the most adorable cats of the world and she had 2 more in her mom's house. I think she intends to become a breeder, but I just didn't want to ask and I left with my cool tree house.

Now I'm checking on the Internet and I found out these houses are hand made and sold for like 600 - 1200 dollars. It can't be. Now I'm thinking she got these Maine ***** from the US, along with the tree house and she had no idea how expensive it was. I don't know. She told me she sold it because it was too small for her cats. I agree. And she had a whole room full of cat trees and scratching posts set from floor to ceiling that made this tree house look like a doll house, so I believe her.

Well, my boys love the house. I vacuumed and disinfected it before bringing it home, but anyway I'm sure those ***** had no diseases whatsoever.

Really bad pics of the *****: When I gave my phone to the woman, she clicked on something and set a weird filter that made pictures look blurry and dark. You can still see how big they were
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i325/Lenkolas/****.jpg
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i325/Lenkolas/*****.jpg

and the tree house at home, still with the black filter

Rulos all over it, Gatito observing from a distance

Chikis comes

Ice does what Rulos does

Chikis is like "I can't stand this, I'm outta here", poor baby he's so nervous.

Thank you for watching! :mrgreen: I'm very happy with my purchase 8)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Awesome day for you :) I would feel the same if I was in a room with a bunch of non-native species cats like Korats, let's say. Your kitties look like they are really going to enjoy that cat tree...congrats!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...I had to Google Korat cat...pretty cats, I like blue coat. But you don't know how bad I want a Maine **** now... hahaha! So since I wanted a ginger kitty so badly now I want a ginger Maine ****. That's it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
That's a beautiful cat tree! Those '***** are gigantic (though the black one, at least, looks like he could lay off the 3rd helping of tuna).

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a beautiful cat tree! Those '***** are gigantic (though the black one, at least, looks like he could lay off the 3rd helping of tuna).
Hahahaha! :D he was huge, I was really shocked, I couldn't stop looking at his paws, his snout, ears...everything was double size. When I got home my cats looked like miniature cats!

That building you see back there is the US Embassy, so that's why there's a US flag there. We do have a different one haha... ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
wow you must be soooo chuffed right now, I often look at these exact tree's online & dream of having some for my kitty's but as I am in the UK I have very lil chance unless I could get my other half to make one for us .................. I am working on this lol

I had a similar good luck purchase a couple month's back when we went to our local car boot sale & spotted this cute lil pink dog bed with wooden queen ann leg's I purchased it for a very reasonable £5

it has a lil brass plaque on one of the leg's & under the cushion saying "LilaPaws" so as we do I googled it & it is a designer dog bed which was made for a display in Selfridges London & was retailed at £350 I was thrilled to say the least & the kitty's love it :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
They look like they are having so much fun!

I also want a ginger Maine ****- I fell in love when I saw one at a cat show in October. They are so huge and fluffy. My OH and I are in a battle though, we have decided when we add a third cat (eeee) we both want a boy, but... I want a ginger Maine **** and he wants a flame point Ragdoll!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it's because points are so beautiful, flame points lynx points...well I had a lynx point you know the story...Maybe I'll be able to adopt a lynx point again some day without feeling I'm replacing Sun.

And about the *****, I was just wondering, wouldn't a HUGE cat cause struggle in a home with normal cats? Although they say ***** have an excellent temperament. This woman's ***** jumped all over my face and the huge grey one even licked my face, can you believe it?

I'm just wondering...I can't adopt another kitty now, and anyway I couldn't adopt a **** (I found a breeder here in Chile, so I was wrong, there are ***** in the country, but then they cost like 1500 US dollars. That wouldn't be adopting anyway).

I might me moving from this city and things might change, tho. Who knows.

By the way the tree house is a hit, it needs some fixing tho, but nothing serious. For 100 dollars...can't complain.

:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.