Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This food is called Performatrin Ultra for cats. Some of you might be familiar with this food, but maybe not the ultra part. It has been upgraded into a holistic food now, and is supposedly good. I got a free bag from the pet store I work at (it isn't even being sold yet, it's brand new), but before switching my cats to it I need to know if the ingredients sound good. Ready? Ok. 8)

Lamb, Lamb Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Dried Egg Product, Whole Barley, Oatmeal, Salmon Meal, Sunflower Oil stabilized with mixed tocopherols, Brewers Yeast, Peas, Alfalfa Meal, Whole Flaxseed, Whole Cranberries, Fresh Whole Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Whole Carrots, Whole Blueberries, Kelp, Potassium Chloride, Sea Salt, Spinach, Whole Apples, Chicory Root Extract, and a whole bunch of other vitamins and stuff......but those are the main ingredients.

So what do you all think? Does it sound ok? Would this be first, second or third grade food? Right now they are on Felidae, and I dont' want to switch to anything that isn't equal to that. I like that this food contains no corn....I thought that was a good sign. Suggestions? THANKS! :lol:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
It probably could stand to have a little more meat or a second meat ingredient (besides the lamb meal) before the rice on the ingredients list, but over all it sounds like a really good food. I think it sounds pretty comparable to Felidae.

Who makes it and how much does it cost? Do you know yet?

Edit: Didn't realize we were talking about a dry food (don't know why)...with that in mind, I think it sounds very good.

Anyone else? Queen of the Nile, Gudewife, Ianthe...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's Pet Valu brand food, which is a Canadian pet food chain. It started off as just Performatrin, but since so many people are demanding better quality pet food now, they figured they better upgrade to keep their business up. I researched the food a bit today, and people seem to only have good things to say about it so far. I don't know how much it will cost, but since it's their own brand it will probably be cheaper than Felidae or Wellness. The Performatrin Ultra for dogs has been out for months now, and lots of people have switched to it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually.....is there Pet Valu in the states as well?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I looked it up and there is Pet Valu in the states but only in the north east. However, i did see that they are affiliated with Pet Supplies PLUS and another chain I can't remember. We have Pet Supplies PLUS by us. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Maleke: Sorry I got to this post late, been really busy with the wedding from heck. =p

I don't know much about Pet Valu's food as a company, the ingredients look decent reminds me more of Solid Gold then Felidae. However I know Solid Gold uses good quality ingredients, and really monitors each batch of their food as it's made. I can't say either way about the Pet Valu food.
What is the protein/fat/fiber/k-cal content?

We do have Pet Valu here in MD and VA :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts