Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bravity=the quality of braveness
8O
I called my father today, whom I've talked to half a dozen times in my life, and talked to my sister and a brother and set up communication with my sister online. I talked with her on the phone for two hours! Whereas my father seemed to used to run from my phone calls--we were both very nervous, awkward, rather forced--he sounded excited to hear from me & talked to me twice & told me to call again any time.

:lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
congratulations. I know first hand how hard it can be. I have only talked to my father 4 times in 47 years. He doesn't acknowledge me. keep working on it, it will get better. We aren't getting any younger. :thumb

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the first time he's ever honestly seemed receptive to my phone call--he's got three teenagers and a demanding wife, and works twelve hour days six days per week, it's not like he's had time to throw in another kid that lives 3,000 miles away. I've never been interested in having a father, my mother's boyfriends were enough to scare me away from that! But it was nice. For the first time in my life I feel like I should say I'm one of five siblings, as opposed to how I've always considered myself one of two (I grew up with one brother). I'm having an 'eek! I've sprouted family!' moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts