Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took his own life. :(

Oceanside Police have responded to Junior Seau's home on South The Strand in Oceanside. The 43-year-old Chargers Hall Of Famer died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest, the Chargers' team chaplain told ABC.
Seau's personal problems became very public in October 2010 after he drove his SUV off a cliff hours after an arrest on a domestic violence charge.
He's a San Diego native and owns a hugely popular and successful restaurant here. He has done so much for our community, lots of donations and volunteer work.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Oh,NO! Have they found out what happened,exactly? I knew he was a hall-of-famer,but had no idea he'd given back so much.

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
My father told me about this earlier. It's so hard to reconcile his public persona with this. When he was with the Patriots he was touted for his locker room and on the field leadership. He always seemed so upbeat and positive. It's so crazy that the different facets of a personality can be total opposite.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Junior Seau Foundation has helped many children and others.

Since it’s inception, the Junior Seau Foundation has distributed nearly $4 million to organizations providing services to children and young adults.
It's so sad here today. :(

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
RIP Junior. I saw a clip of his mother reacting to his death and it was so heartbreaking. He was obviously well loved by his family, as well as so many other people who he had touched. He was a good man.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Yeah,Junior Seau! Now I remember! He did SO much! He went above and beyond in helping others. There is some new information-apparently he had a concussion?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Yeah,Junior Seau! Now I remember! He did SO much! He went above and beyond in helping others. There is some new information-apparently he had a concussion?

they are investigating (well not on him specifically, and i really don't know who "they" are) a link between repeated concussions suffered by NFL players and early onset dementia. he's only one of a few suicides by NFL players recently, and another ex-player shot himself in the chest to leave his brain intact for medical analysis.

it might not have had anything to do with his personality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts