Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Got a question for you all. I am going away to my parents house for Easter tomorrow. I am going to be there for 4 nights. I am bringing Andie with me, as I always do. I always bring her brush and a few toys with me. My parents have a litter box just like her one at home and feeding dishes. She loves it there, esp. b/c fromthe time I got her until she was 3 (she's 4 1/2 now), we lived at home with my parents and my dog. So she is comfortable there. Anyways, about a month ago, I got the freshflow fountain, thanks to the advice of this board, and Andie loves it. She drinks a lot more water now. I am wondering, should I bring it with me? It kinda seems like a pain to pack it up, esp. b/c I did not save the box. But, I am worried she wont drink much water there. Although, she likes to drink out of my dog's bowl b/c its big and different, and we see her drinking out of it quite often when she's there. Do you guys think I should bring it?
Also, in July, Andie will be staying with my parents for about a month, and I will only be coming there on the weekends to go to the beach. I figured it'd be less stressful for her to stay there, rather than put her in the car for a 1 hour and half drive each way every weekend. I should probably bring the fountain there for that month, right? Since it is a prolonged period of time. Do cats refuse to drink water even if they need it?
Any help would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
i'd say bring it, if she likes it so much. if you're driving, just dump it out and toss it in the car. i wouldn't even take it apart.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
If you don't bring it for the 4 day trip at least bring it when Andie will stay for a month at your parents. Faile's advice was good, just dump the water and throw it in the car. Cats will drink water if they are thirsty, they're not going to deprive themselves of water if they're life depended on it so even if you didn't have the fountain, your cat will drink out of a regular bowl, even if not as much :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts