Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Wow! 8O

But I must say, I think she knocked about 10 years off her age. 47? Seriously?

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
It's possible. I loved the way she took the smirk off of the judges' faces. I'm glad she's getting started now. The voice tends to get lower as the singer ages. That's why Beverly Sills retired so soon.

That woman has a lovely voice, and I loved the song. I might buy it, and learn it, in fact! One of the High Schools in the area is going to perform Les Mis this month. :)

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
She's really blowing up. Her video is on the front page of our local news' web page!

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Never judge a book by its cover ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Oh, her voice is LOVELY. I still need to check out the other songs she sings that are on YouTube.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
The video of her audition is everywhere. I have seen it on CNN, NBC and CBS. She has certainly made her mark on the world. I hope she goes on to win the contest.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Wow! She was in the papers here the weekend just passed. I have to be honest I didn't pay much attention. I just took how she looked and guessed she did something cool... but woah! That is truely amazing.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Jeanie said:
One of the High Schools in the area is going to perform Les Mis this month. :)
Wow! That is quite and undertaking. There are so many top notch excellent voices that would be needed to do that performance. Good luck to them. I saw Les Mis in Cleveland two years ago with Randal Keith playing Jean Valjean. It was wonderful.

It was great to watch the way everyones attitude changed toward her as soon as she opened her mouth. Makes you want to shout hurrah for all the people who are made fun of.
I heard they are trying to get her to make a CD? If so I would certanly purchase it.

·
Banned
439 Posts
she reminds me of that male opera singer they found 2 years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA

I doubt she'll be able to sing all the different styles the show requires,
but with the professional voice coaching contestants get, who knows...
what impressed me most was her cheeky calm presence on stage,
that only a mature women can manage - it makes for good television.

I love how near the end she walks back stage and the usher asks her -
"well, I think you enjoyed that just a little."
and she daftly replies;
"what else you have?" :lol:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Zalensia said:
Those ushers are Ant and Dec, 2 of the most famous, most annoying, most obnoxious and richest TV hosts in the UK :)
Corrected for you ;) :p

She was very very good, but the other "older" lady was weird... she took off half her clothes and had two union jacks floating around in front of her chest... Very clever to do that, but I have no idea how she did it....

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Huge said:
Zalensia said:
Those ushers are Ant and Dec, 2 of the most famous, most annoying, most obnoxious and richest TV hosts in the UK :)
Corrected for you ;) :p

She was very very good, but the other "older" lady was weird... she took off half her clothes and had two union jacks floating around in front of her chest... Very clever to do that, but I have no idea how she did it....

I disagree, they are very nice and kind people. Obnoxious is someone like that idiot Johnathan Ross.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
it's pretty hard not to tear up watching that vid. extrordinary. Just that look on Simon's face says it all.

:yikes

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
I saw an interview with her on CNN this morning. She is a cute thing. She sang a capella (spelling? sorry) and it was just as moving.

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Her voice is wonderful. She sure has talent. :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts