Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and just looking a little advice.

My british shorthair cat had her first litter of kittens 7 weeks ago. 3 blue classic tabby torties and 1 cream who has a blue leg, also a male. Paw pad also has some blue, so the colour will be staying. Does anyone know if this makes him a male tortie? I have attached a picture.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A bit early for colours to settle but maybe a champagne tabby?
I don't think GCCF have champagne as a colour for british shorthairs so I think I will just have to register him as AOC (Any other colour) lol. He's a special wee boy :).

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I can't help with your question but ooooh he is just so adorable. I have a fawn and lilac BAH called Kiki so have a soft spot for this breed

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't help with your question but ooooh he is just so adorable. I have a fawn and lilac BAH called Kiki so have a soft spot for this breed
Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your message. I was at a show in Dublin at the weekend and saw some beautiful fawns and lilacs. I have never seem a mix though. I'm sure she is beautiful :)

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
That's a really interesting pattern. Almost the reverse of what we call patch tabby where the blue tabbies can have patches of cream. It'll be interesting to see what the TICA/CFA forum members say... I would almost guess patch tabby cream w/ blue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a really interesting pattern. Almost the reverse of what we call patch tabby where the blue tabbies can have patches of cream. It'll be interesting to see what the TICA/CFA forum members say... I would almost guess patch tabby cream w/ blue.
Hi thanks for your reply. Yes he has 3 blue tabby with cream sisters. So it maybe is just the reverse lol. I have attached a pic of all 4

Attachments

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your message. I was at a show in Dublin at the weekend and saw some beautiful fawns and lilacs. I have never seem a mix though. I'm sure she is beautiful :)
Kiki is beautiful but of course I am terribly biased :eek:) If you look at the photos I have of her in albums she look greyish lilac in all of them but when she is near grey you can really see her colours and more obvious in real life

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kiki is beautiful but of course I am terribly biased :eek:) If you look at the photos I have of her in albums she look greyish lilac in all of them but when she is near grey you can really see her colours and more obvious in real life
I just had a look, she is beautiful :). I have a soft spot for lilac, if my partner will let me get another (which is doubtful lol) it will def be a lilac

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
A very interesting question here....a male cream patch tabby? It does appear he has some tabby barring on the leg. Are you sure he is a male and not female? The reason I ask is because I had a cream Cymric that I and another Cymric breeder thought was male and wasn't evident he was female until around six months of age. Since her sex was somewhat indeterminent, she was spayed and sold as a pet even tho she had very nice type and coat. I think I would register him as AOC, put him in a kitten class show and let the judges have fun describing his colour.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I just had a look, she is beautiful :). I have a soft spot for lilac, if my partner will let me get another (which is doubtful lol) it will def be a lilac
Thankyou :) our neighbours bought her for their very young daughter the changed their mind ( realised she wasn't a toy) asked us to help find a new home and voila she is our cutie now.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Interesting point someone made about sex - my old love who died suddenly some while before Christmas was hermaphrodite but totally our girl and the ultimate mother to all the younger cats. It's unlikely but not impossible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He's def a male. It's rare to have a male tortie but not impossible. Yes I think I'll register him as AOC and hopefully his forever mummy will take him to shows and the judges could maybe verify his colour

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.