Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
raw. any sort of processing (cooking) begins removing and breaking down delicate nutrients and compounds. however, if you want to cook it, steaming is the best way to go about it. it leaves the most nutrients intact.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Blanched for about 30 seconds in heavily salted water. Leaves the nutrients like it was raw, but brings out the gorgeous green color and seasons it so it tastes better.

OT: Jackie, I love your sig line. :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
JackieT said:
Best raw... but if you have IBD/IBS/Chrohns/Colitis sometimes best to serve cooked
Here, here! For those of us who CAN'T enjoy food as easily as others, broccoli is one of those " :twisted: " foods! Grr! I like just the tops of steamed broccoli (even though all of the vitamins are in the stalk--but hey, I eat more healthy than most 20-something year olds, so I'm not worried) with some cheddar cheese melted on top. Mmm.

Broccoli can also be hard on people's digestion because they are LOADED with potassium!

·
Registered
505 Posts
broccoli also has more vitamin C than oranges, and more calcium than milk (which really dosn't have hardly any digestible calcium anyway, but everyone seem's to think it does)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I love cooked broccoli. I try to buy the fresh when I can and then cook it, but sometimes for convenience it's the frozen kind (with cauliflower and carrots).

In fact, I ate a huge side of that mix last night with dinner. I wasn't feeling to good later on, though. Beware... broccoli can do a number on your stomach! Usually it doesn't bother me b/c I eat it often enough, but I also drank 2 glasses of pop last night. My normal is about 1 pop a month. So don't try that combination if you aren't used to it!

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
I love steamed broccoli! Which reminds me, I just had some at an American Buffet today for lunch. I don't like eating hard uncooked broccoli for salads or anything like that :?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Broccoli

Anyway, nothing wrong with releasing a bit of trapped wind :lol: :lol:
(Amongst friends :wink: )

seashell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts