Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other morning I was makin some breakfast and my youngest, Hudson was up on the table and all up in my face wanting to interact with me for some reason (VERY rare for this cat, she will ignore me for weeks on end) so we start rough housing and I had her up on my shoulders givin her the business and she decides to LAUNCH herself across the kitchen and hit the floor in a not so cat like manner. I knew right away it was bad. Got her into the vet and her right paw is broken up pretty bad. She can't undergo anestesia because of a heart murmur, so the vet taped it up real good all the way above her shoulder w/ a spoon splint and a sling. Poor thing, I feel awful. She never showed any signs of discomfort other than limping on it, even when I was inspecting it and could feel bones crunching. Seeing her try to get around with her new 'accessory' is both tragic and hilarious at the same time. Sorry so long, I feel like a complete DOLT and thought I'd share. :oops:

·
Registered
36 Posts
yup. i kno how you feel.. dill was only 6 wks old when i stepped on him and borke his femur and collapsed his pelvic bone.. he now has a permanant rod in his leg at 3 months old.. i was cleaning my house and he got right up under me! but he is just like a normal kitten! Hope ur kitty feels better soon!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Broken..!

Steve, dont think its your fault. She was the one who decided to *launch* herself across the kitchen. They just do mad things at times, don't they? It sounds as though she'll be fine now its all taped up.

seashell

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I hope Hudson will get better soon. Did he have a heart murmur previous to this accident or this actually caused it?
Please don't feel bad - you couldn't have prevented it nor are you at fault - he is just another cute rascal :wink: . Best wishes :D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I feel a little better now. :D

She's getting around OK, and in and out of the litter box alright, which was my main concern. She's had the heart murmur for about a year and a half now, it comes and goes. I'm going to get a full blood workup soon and start watching her much more closely.

I just can't understand why my other 2 are being so mean to her since she got her splint, it's like they orchesrated a coup while she was at the vet... :?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I just can't understand why my other 2 are being so mean to her since she got her splint, it's like they orchesrated a coup while she was at the vet...
I think it is due to the fact that she picked up foreign scents at the vet...it is going to get better once they will all smell the same again :wink:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, I guess I should have thought of that, ioana.

It's usually not a problem, I guess she must have picked up some really good smells this time. She was there all day, prolly a big smelly dog er somethin ==>

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sorry to hear about Hudson. But don't blame yourself, Steve, it was not your fault. Hudson just needs to learn his limitations, and flight is one of them. :wink:

Give him some extra loving from me.

Peace,
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts