Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever had one of these before? It doesn't hurt, it's just so gross and red. The eye doctor said it could take 2 weeks to heal. He said it's caused by many different things and stress is one of them. I've been stressed. :cry:

[/list]

·
Registered
449 Posts
I haven't had one myself but I did have an english teacher who got hit in the eye with a rubberband, accidentally shot by another teacher. her whole white of her eye was solid red, luckily it was around halloween so she used that as her costume

·
Registered
263 Posts
Both my fiance and I get them frequently. They usually only take a couple days to disappear. We are undergrads so stress isn't an occasional problem - its a way of life :)

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Not serious. I was hit in the face by a box once. The dr made me wear a patch for a couple days and then it slowly disappeared. They look worse than it is ~ was my experience.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I had that happen right before my surgery last October. They put me under to try to remove the gall stones through my mouth. The problem was that after a while I began to wake up with a tube down my throat... not pleasant. :? Well, anyway it was really traumatic and I popped a blood vessel in my eye. It looked about 100 times worse than yours and it went away in about 10 days.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Well, (and I'm sure this isn't what happened to you), my mom had broken a few blood vessels in her eyes in the last few weeks, and then she was at the doctor's for a check up and they found out her blood pressure was 200/115. 8O 8O 8O And they said that's what was causeing hers, and she is VEEEEERRRRRY lucky she didn't have a stroke. 8O

·
Banned
316 Posts
It's okay.

The blood vessels in your eyes are very fine and delicate.

Blood thinners can cause this, excessive exercise, coughing, pushing, or nothing at all can cause them.

It will look a little worse as it starts to go away. Your eye could take on a green/yellow appearance in that area.

It's called a Subconjunctival Hemhorrage and is very common. We see them all the time. I have seen them before where it will actucally swell and drape over the lid. So the person has this red 'gel' coming out of their eye. As you can imagine, they freak out but there is nothing that needs to be done. Only time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts