Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of advice please.

My cat came in last week after an hour or so out in the garden. When he
came in, there was quite a bit of blood on his back paws. At closer
inspection, I noticed that all but one of his back claws had snapped off, a
couple of them had gone back to the quick, hense the blood. He was not in any pain.

He disappeared for a couple of nights this week and when he came back, all his front claws were snapped off too, no blood this time.

He has been an indor cat for 18 months, not we have mover house and he can go out side now.
Has anyone else come across this before? Could it be the food he is eating that is causing them to be brittle? I feed him with Whiskas dry and moist food. I have 2 other cats and they don't have any problems.

Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's difficult to tell what may have happened if he has become an outdoor cat. Indoor, is the ideal. Cats allowed outside end up with a much shorter average life, due to the multitude of dangers to which they are exposed.

You say "he can go outside now". What conditions have changed that makes it undesirable for him to remain an indoor cat? If he's disappearing for a couple of days, how much more secure is that?

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Poor kitty, maybe it's a better idea to keep him inside for now. It's not good for the cats claws to keep breaking off and I'm sure if he's an indoor cat, it wouldn't happen. <<))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts