Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needs some opinions as to what direction to take with one of our family cats.

He is nearing 2 years old. Shortly after we got him back from the vet (had him neutered), we noticed his tail was limp. It felt broken and we figured that there wasn't a whole lot that could be done so we just left him be (seemed to get really annoyed when we touched it).

Sometime in the two weeks after, the bone broke through the skin. We hadn't noticed until the fur in the area of breakage started to fall out. Now it is infected and bleeds every once in a while.

At this point, what can be done to help it heal? Or is this something that will have to be dealt with by a vet? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My friends cat had the same problem with her tail. She took it to the vet and the vet had to amputate the tail, unfortunatly. I would encourage you to take the cat to the vet right away because cats are constantly moving their tail so your cat is probalbly in pain..

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
If he had been taken to the vet as soon as you noticed something was wrong his tail wouldnt have gotten this bad.

like everyone else said a vet visit is a must, infection can spread thru the body causing septacemiea (Sp?) Hipe all goes well for your cat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts