Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just found this forum while looking on the internet for some explanation to why my beautiful four year old healthy kitty just dropped dead this morning. Its unfortunate that I found it it such sad circumstances, but hopefully this will provide a place to discuss my other cats and hear some of your stories as well.

Kerry

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi Kerry. I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. It must be heartbreaking to lose such a youngster so suddenly. :patback

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hi Kerry, so sorry to hear about your loss. Most of the time when these things happen, the cat had underlying heart disease. Most commonly, its HCM (Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy) Its a silent killer in cats as many times they show no symptoms until they just pass away quite suddenly. I'm sorry you are going through this.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hello Kerry,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty, it is always so heartbreaking when one passes. Were you able to get an explanation from a vet, some are willing to figure out a cause of death for you? I very much sympathize with your pain, it is so shocking to go through. Your kitty was lucky that even though she had such a short life it was one filled with love and plenty of cuddles. I'm sure she knew how lucky she was, and you will always be her treasured mama in her heart. She had it better in her short time then many cats that live longer have out on the streets all alone and never having someone to love them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts