Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RayRay came in to Carolines Kids a couple of months ago. He is about 15 years old and one of the most gentle sweet kitties I have ever known. His owner passed away and the granddaughter brought him in because her cats were being too rough with him. He has not been doing well at the shelter. He's had a bad time with the feline herpes and just doesn't seem to be doing very well. Hubby and I have been talking about him and today we decided to give him a home. He polished off a half can of Wellness chicken with lysine mixed in as soon as he got home (around 3:00pm) and just now did a real good job on another half can of Wellness Core. I washed his face with a warm cloth and he loved it! He will live in our study for a couple of weeks to make sure no cooties transfer to the other cats. I can't wait until he has run of the house because I think this is finally my cuddle cat. :D

This picture was taken of him last week at the shelter:

I just don't know how another cat will fit on my signature! 8O

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thank you so much for opening your home to RayRay. He is a handsome old fella who deserves the love & devotion you can provide for him, in his last years.

I always feel bad for the senior cats at shelters/rescues, especially during times like now, when it's ''kitten season''. They always get overlooked for the younger cats.

I almost adopted a 12 year old, but someone else beat me to it. Can't complain about that! I was just happy someone loved him as much as I did!

I hope he'll be able to mingle with the rest soon, and that his health & spirits get better as he realizes he's finally found his place to retire. :)

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Sue you have such a big compassionate heart. RayRay will blossom in your home! Congrats on your new addition. Reading this made me so happy. Another special needs cat found a perfect forever home!

·
Registered
328 Posts
RayRay looks like such a nice cat. It's amazing that you decided to give him his forever home. I'm pretty sure he will be grateful and I think he could definitely become your first cuddle cat!!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RayRay seems to be doing well. He just ate,drank some water and went back to sleep. He was doing so well that I let him out of the room earlier then I had first planned. He explored the house and now he seems very sleepy. There was no problem at all meeting the other cats. He hissed a couple of times but they just ignored him. We have always been very lucky that we have never had introduction problems with any of our cats.
Thursday afternoon we have an appointment at the vet. I just want him to be checked over, maybe some bloodwork done because of his age and for them to check his teeth.
Today he spent a lot of time in my mother in laws lap. Tweezer wants him to play but Ray is not ready for that yet. At Carolines Kids he was in one room where he mostly sat in one place or slept all day. I think he was even a bit depressed there. Now he is suddenly dealing with a big house and lots of stairs, much more exercise then he is used to. It may take him a while to get used to it.
Here are a few pics since he has been here:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts