Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just got my cat a toothbrush and toothpaste. I put a bit on my finger for her to taste it, and she doesnt seem very keen! I rubbed a little on her gums, and she didnt like that very much either. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to brush her teeth? Thanks

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
wrap her in a towel, put chainmail on yourself with super thick anti bite gloves, and pray LoL

sorry i couldnt resist, thats what id have to do if i tried to do pebbles teeth- it would be **** on earth lol.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
If she doesn't like the flavor, I would simply recommend trying a different flavor. Sabby likes the malt flavor, but I think they come in fishy flavors as well.

Zalensia's suggestions weren't so bad, either. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a meat flavour one. She will let us hold her for a very long time, she always has done. But when i come to open her mouth, thats when she starts to struggle. I will try wrapping her in a blanket. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I use the fish flavour tooth paste and they love it!

I don't even need to open their mouth. Before, I used to brush just whatever I could with their mouth closed - basically top of the teeth, under the lip. Later, they started opening their mouth - like they want to bite, but they don't bite. :) Very ofthen they eat the toothpaste before I start brushing!

someone said that the regular cat toothbrush is better than the finger one? Is that true? Im using the finger toothbrush and I'm wondering if I have to switch to regular one.

thanks!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I think I said that. I bought my toothbrushing supplies in a kit that included a toothbrush, toothpaste, and a finger toothbrush. The packaging said that the regular toothbrush was better at cleaning up under the gumline than the finger toothbrush, but that the finger toothbrush was best to use while getting your cat used to getting its teeth brushed. I'm still using the finger toothbrush.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts