Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

we’re looking for two family cats, and British Shorthairs are our favourites (neutered). We’ve only experienced females of other breeds so far. But I’ve read on mybritishshorthair.com, that females tend to focus only on one person whereas males are more open. Furthermore do females are described as more moody. Yet, at least here in Germany, it’s always the girls who are sold first.

The question is, has any of you experience to share on which to get: two males, to females or a male and a female (in any case neutered, as already said)?

We really don’t want to risk that, in the end, only one person is seen as »trustworthy« and allowed to clip nails, or so. :)

Thanks four your help and suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
26,692 Posts
It doesn't matter what breed cats are or if they're male or female, every cat is different. People with females who are snuggly are obviously going to recommend female cats. Same as with male cat owners recommending boys. Having said that, of course I would recommend females. :) I spent time at their foster home (they had four to choose from). I adopted the two sisters, I couldn't risk them being separated if someone only took one of them.

Reactions: Raq and 231087
1 - 3 of 3 Posts