Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am working on a construction project to make my cats a cat tree..

I am wondering if anyone here has tried a project like this or knows about it... I have all the necessary materials minus a few, I have the wood already and all the tools necessary, will just need to buy carpeting and contact cement.

I'm making sure my kitties have more vertical space so I wanted to make them this.

I know one of the best ways to do this is to find large PVC and saw it in parts and carpet it..

does anyone have any tips on finding carpet scraps or pvc or any of these materials cheap?

anyone know of anything to use that can supplement any of these? any bright ideas from previous projects or from things you've heard?

please let me know, money is tight so any way of saving money doing this project is highly valued!

·
Registered
52 Posts
We have made a couple of cat stands. We simply made a base from plywood and used two 2x4's to make a base in the middle to support the top piece of plywood. We then used a cardboard tube (from a carpet roll, most carpet stores will give you one free). They are very sturdy and the perfect size, most PVC pipe in that size if very expensive. We cut the tube down to size and attached it to the top piece of plywood, we made a top piece for the cut end of the tube so the cats can sit on top of it too, we carpeted everything by covering it with Berber carpet, you can use liquid nails (you might want to test using the contact cement on the back of the carpet because it might dissolve the lining or carpet). I will try to post a picture of our stand with the cats on it. They have used it for several years and use it for their claws.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts