Cat Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
its hard to see in the pics but the gable ends of one roof section are mesh, at each end he has a platform with a 4in wide plank running between the two, so once he is up high he can walk the length of the encloser to pick wich end he wants to use.. some angled climbing planks or logs will also work.. my wife keeps telling me he needs a bay window in the sided section so he can enjoy the views on cold and nasty days,, this cat has it way to good..(he alraedy has a 4shelf cat tree back in there..

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
for a simple balcony type enclosure, pvc pipe and fittings can make great frame to attach the chicken wire to with cable ties, "glue the pipe and fittings with silicone seal calk, this will make a strong joint that can be knocked apart later if need be, I have prefabbed some box like units this way for field research(mainly to keep kritters out) in that case we drilled a hole through the fittings and pipes which could be pinned with a cable tie, every thing could be carried out to the middle of nowhere and put together in minutes with few tools..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I am probably going to use the PVC method to make a door. Originally I was going to use it to build a greenhouse-style frame but now I have one so I don't need to put in the extra work, which is good when you're lazy like me! Haha

21 - 26 of 26 Posts