Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we finally got all that we needed and we put it all together this morning!!!

We made the bottom just baarrrrely fit into the cubes but we used some wire ties to make sure that it would stay together. We are still gonna get more and I plan to use them all over just to reinforce the connectors.

So the "office" is now officially a rodent room. We have two large hamster cages and now the C&C, and all the office furniture (which is an entire corner unit) and its not a big room to begin with.

Still gonna keep an eye out for a table but where I had to squeeze room for this cage it would have to be PERFECT dimensions. No more, no less... and that's gonna be hard to find. For now they will remain on the floor. The cats are no longer allowed in this room - unless I am in here.

Ok enough chatter. Here are some pics:

Here it is!

Left side

Right side

Charlotte & Bessie veggin out

Awwww

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
they are little cuties. I've never owned guinea pigs but they are so cute.

Do they live long?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unfortunately no, only about 5,6 years....

I just adopted them. One is 1yr the other is 2yr so I'm trying to make up for the first few years of neglect :( which sadly is a large portion of their life span. It's just not fair, is it?

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
CuteNCraze86 said:
unfortunately no, only about 5,6 years....

I just adopted them. One is 1yr the other is 2yr so I'm trying to make up for the first few years of neglect :( which sadly is a large portion of their life span. It's just not fair, is it?
Poor babies. But the good news is they have a fab home now :D

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
melysion said:
Poor babies. But the good news is they have a fab home now :D
They sure do!! Spoiled the way the ought to be, I give them veggies a couple times a day. They LOVE bell peppers, parsley, romaine lettuce, strawberries.... and just about anything you put in there.

I always say that my big one, Bessie (black and white like a cow) would eat a cake if I put it in there. haha.

This is my first time owning them and I have to admit they are great pets. You have to get used to them at first. They are very finicky by nature. They are startled EASILY (several times a day). But they are very sweet and fun to watch and feed.

Oh, and they get along with the cats. Of course, they are never left alone. i dont trust my kittehs THAT much but really they dont seem phased by them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts