Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To children only

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat is very sweet with me and my family, but can be vicious with strangers, even though they've been visiting daily or every other day.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Velvet used to be terrible with strangers. She would be ok for a while when people came over and then something would set her off. She would go in pycho cat mode!! 8O She would be hissing, growling, batting at them with her paws. It seemed to happen when they started to make a move towards her, as in trying to pet her or walking towards her and making her feel cornered. I really think it was all bluff, she never came near causing anyone any harm.
She has gotten much better the older she gets. Mostly she just stays in our bedroom when we have company. Which is fine.

·
Registered
363 Posts
5 of my cats are actually extremely shy around strangers, but the 6th one is ALL over them!!
He has to check everyone out, be pet by them, sit next to them, or on them....he's just a big baby!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Our kittens would never be good "guard cats" since they love EVERYONE! My mom came the day after we got them, she talked to them and they came out of their bed and purred! Later on my sister and her boyfriend came to visit, the kittens jumped up in my sisters lap and fell asleep. My best friend came to visit, they jumped up in his lap and fell asleep. Another friend came to visit, they jumped up in her lap and purred and fell asleep. Yesterday a stranger came to visit, they felt that it was no normal friend, but they said hello and continued playing.

So I guess, I won't trust these guys to guard me... they might just purr strangers to death :D

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Assumpta is terrible with children, and will attack if they get too close. I've tried to decondition that response with introducing quiet, gentle kids, but whatever her opinions on other animals and children, they were really well-formed before she came to us and despite her progress on other things, those don't look like they're going to change. :( She's also very bad with other cats...a neighbor reported to us after we got her that she'd been beaten up pretty badly and run off by his 4 barn cats a few times about a month before she came here.

Also, she loathes my mother-in-law, hisses at her from the top of the stairs. I shouldn't laugh, but it's too funny for words....<smirks>

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Twinkie hides and is no where to be seen, and Sugar growls at the door when someone is near, then smells their shoes and plays with their feet (socks on of course)! :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts