Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed last nite that Tyson's back paws are a peeling a bit, and one of them seems kinda scabby... are there any types of allergies/infections that can cause this type of thing? or should i just keep an eye out and if it gets better, just write it off to maybe him burning it on the stove after i turned it off?

any ideas?

·
Registered
327 Posts
My cats paw was peeling too and I didn't understand why...he was healthy and everything was fine...it went away soon...so i'm not quite sure if yours is an allegy or not...ive heard some say it can happen if you dont feed it enough wet food..but idono if thats true or not :?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Just keep an eye on it for redness, discharge, or pain (limping, excessive licking). If it doesn't improve in a few days, you might want to have it checked. There are a number of things that can look like this, but if I recall correctly Tyson is pretty young and undoubtedly curious; your stove burner theory is probably a good one!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do, Dr. Jean! And you're right... he's still pretty young, so it's pretty feasible that he got too close to the stove or iron one day when he wasn't supposed to! So far, so good though... he's hopping around and chasing Tyra as usual, so no change there.

Will post more if it gets worse, but hopefully it won't! Thank you! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts