Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did an all-forum search on "detective" and didn't get any thread names that seemed to cover this topic.

I was googling about yesterday and found the pet detective national directory site

Find A Pet Detective: National Directory | Missing Pet Partnership

I was kind of surprised to see maybe only two serious cat detectives in
my home state of California.

I thought of this after remembering a childhood experience. My sister's hamster cage was sitting in the back yard one sunny day and we noticed
the hamster was missing. No fear. I grabbed our little mutt beagle, Pint, stuck her on a leash, and within a minute she tracked the little hamster to a spot about 80 feet away.

So it would seem to be a no-brainer to get a good nose dog, Beagle or Bloodhound, give it some training, and then volunteer or set up a little business to attempt to track lost cats. The above link goes into how the dogs are trained to happily track cats without eating them. I browsed various parts of the link and was very surprised by how long a scent can last. The part about generic cat tracking didn't sound so good. I think being able to track a specific cat's scent would be more beneficial.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
That looks good.

I have also wondered why there aren't little implants, like the microchips, that give off a signal and can be tracked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts