Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back from visiting the family ranch for Thanksgiving. I had previously shared photos of the barn cats there, but I don't think I had showed pics of my mom's personal outdoor cat (the only named cat on the ranch), Buster.

Buster is a wonderful personality. When he showed up, he kind of circled the house and mom tried to use food to get him to go up to the barn community, but he had decided he was more of a people cat. This normally would be met with strong opposition from my folks. My mom specifically is of the opinion that she wants no more personal pets because she doesn't think the heartbreak is worth it when you lose one (my words, but I think she'd agree). But Buster wiggled his way into their hearts and now he lives around the house - never in the house - having his run of the ranch as he needs, but he gets swankier food and vet care than the barn cats. They found out he is neutered, so he is probably an escapee from a neighboring ranch or was left. His eye was damaged and the vet helped it get healed, but isn't sure how much sight he has in it. Of course, me being a cat person, I spend a lot of time out on the porch with him when I visit. He is a very cool cat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts