Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i was looking at butch and i was thinking how huge he is. He is nearly as big as his mum, and twice as big as his siblings. He was born in july, so hes 7 months old. this is a picture of him

each of those circle things has a 6 inch (15cm) gap between them, i think hes huge for his age, it makes me beleive he has posible maine coon in his blood somewhere? since not only is he huge but his fur is quite long, and he has the neck of a maine coon.
What do others think?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Both my cats were HUGE while growing up as well. They are currently 2-1/2 years old and each weight a little over 14 pounds.

Our vet told us that they very possibly are part Maine Coon because of their size. At the age of 6 months they were as big as some adult cats I have seen!

I have to be running off for some errands in a bit but when I get back I will post some pics just so you can see what I mean.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahhh in the picture in my avatar he is about 3/4 months, hes gorwn loads since then. Hes definatly huge, like i say nearly the size of him mum and my other adult pebbles. I think the way he is lying too it makes him look puffy.

I remember the days he was this size...

You can see from the last one how small he use to be, the show is nearly bigger than him! hehe

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres another picture i just took of him- it doesnt quite show his size so much, but you can see he even has long fur on his belly.

Say hello.......wave goodbye :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
He is lovely. I love his eyes Do you think my cat is just tortoise shell, or could she be part maine coon? Because i just did a search on maine coon cats, and alot of the description sounds like my cat.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Butch is very beautiful!!!!
He kind of looks like my twin girl cats Winne and Stormy only they are much smaller, I think they are around 8 pounds each. @@@

1 - 12 of 12 Posts