Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
I really liked the specs of this food (in chicken however) but my cat won't eat it. :[
And the neighbors cat wouldn't either!

Is there a store near you that carries it so you can try out a can?

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, there's a local place that sells it. I'll swing by there when I pay my rent at the end of the month as it's right across the street.

I don't see a problem with him eating, he's never been fussy about any food I've put in front of him but I will test drive it to make sure I like the look/smell of it.

·
Banned
115 Posts
I sent an email to um about possibly ordering it online once i check out the price there are no retailers in my area that stock it.

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
I bought a few cans several years ago...my cats liked it, but I HATED the smell of it and just couldn't get past it to feed it when there are so many other choices that I have no issue with or even think smell good.

·
Banned
115 Posts
good to know my roomie hates the smell of the food as it is. I explained to him that most cat food is pretty much garbage as it is and so have staff.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Konstargirl - If you look on the web page they have a link to search for retailers. That's how I found my local place sells it. Put in your zip code and it will give you your closest retailer that has it. It's a New England place company and there are FOUR local stores here in Oregon that sell it, I'm sure there are some in the midwest as well.

@Doodlebug - That may work in my favor. The smellier the food the more MowMow wants it. I don't overly mind how it smells going in.....I'm more worried about how offensive it is coming out the other end.

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
It's a New England place company
They're in Londonderry NH and probably less than 5 miles from where I live. by Nature is a brand of the Blue Seal animal feed company. Their corporate office is pretty small building...not at all what I expected.

@Doodlebug - That may work in my favor. The smellier the food the more MowMow wants it. I don't overly mind how it smells going in.....I'm more worried about how offensive it is coming out the other end.
Yeah, it could just be me. I'm not usually too sensitive about these things, but this food was just....ewwwww! But...it was several years ago so they may have changed it a bit since then too.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
9.00 for 12/6oz cans I'm happy to try it :p

If it works out it will cut my cat food bill back about 15.00 a month. I'm *all* for that.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Gracie likes their organic line of foods just fine - she gets the turkey and chicken flavors, there are three in total. I think the smell must be from the liver ingredient. Personally, I like that some portion of her diet can be organic without being too crazy expensive...

Fran

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yeah, it could just be me. I'm not usually too sensitive about these things, but this food was just....ewwwww! But...it was several years ago so they may have changed it a bit since then too.
When I tried to feed it a couple months ago, it didn't smell bad to me, so maybe they did change it. *shrug*

·
Registered
198 Posts
My three kitties all USED TO like by Nature beef. I let them tried a can and they loved it. I bought last 7 cans at Petsmart. Then, I ordered a dozen online. Now, a few month later, they do not like it much. They do not like ANY beef canned food anymore like EVO beef or Merrick Cowboy cookout..... So, yesterday I returned 7 cans of by Nature to Petsmart :( I wish I live near you, MowMow so that I can just give away the remaining to let MowMow try :) I live in NC..... Well, I will keep them and give it a try again like a month later and they will eat it. Mine are just getting picker and picker.....

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I didn't want to start a whole new thread, but we've been eating By Nature for about two weeks now (rotated into his regular food). I was so excited to see that the Turkey and Turkey Liver is absolutely Turkey and doesn't contain chicken (like almost every other turkey flavored cat food).

So far so great, he loves it and I can afford it so it's all good stuff!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts