Cat Forum banner

How often do you feed foods or treats containing by products?

• Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sparingly

• Often

• All the time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never given them by products, but a friend just gave me Whiskas Temptation cat treats......maybe they are ok if fed very, very sparingly?

·
Registered
367 Posts
My cats go crazy over those Whiskas Temptations - Otis especially. By-products or not, they still get some occassionally, just as I occassionally get a chocolate bar or iced-latte :p

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Well, there's one very important thing you need to know about Swedish meat byproducts... they are always human grade! So the things we call meat byproducts are things that we make sausages of and hey, if poeple can eat it, why not cats? Things like glands, uterus, hooves etc are in Sweden called animal byproducts and are never used in pet food. So, in Sweden meat byproducts isn't really that bad.

My cats don't get a lot of it though since I make my own cat food.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I voted never. The only treats Sabby gets are chicken livers or green olives. He likes Whiskas treats, but the carb content is too high for him, even as a treat.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I voted never, but the truth is more like once every couple of months. I consider that beyond sparingly even. I gave my kitties treats last night after they used their new scratching post. I can't remember the last time they got any, but it was at least before May. So I guess "Almost never" is my response. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts