Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My precious Miss Stink,

Words cannot describe how much you meant to me. You were my best friend, my baby, my soul mate. We were made for each other and you can never be replaced. From the car ride home when you snuck your way out of the box and climbed up onto my shoulder, you owned my heart.

You had such a big personality and your mood was so clear just by the look on your face. Do you remember the first time you met your daddy? You were so jealous that you slapped him in his face! But, of course, you didn’t use your claws because you were so very sweet and gentle. I will never forget how, when I’d stand up, you’d immediately hop up onto the arm of the couch, your eyes perfectly round, so I could pick you up for a ride on my shoulder. Or how, when I was asleep, you’d reach out ever so slowly and pat my face to wake me up when you needed cuddles. I can’t believe that I’ll never again get to kiss your sweet little nose or bury my face in your soft fur. I still expect to see your precious little hands poke under the bathroom door when I go to fix my hair or hear your tiny meow greet me when I come home from work.

Just going out of town and leaving you at home made me sad. Losing you, knowing that you’re no longer here, is killing me. I always dreaded the day that you’d go to Heaven and leave me here, but I didn’t think it would come so soon. You were only 8 years old, you shouldn’t have been so sick. Please know that I did everything medically possible to try to make you better. Your little lungs just kept filling with fluid. If I could give you my healthy lungs in exchange for your sick ones, I’d do it. I’d give my life for yours. Holding you in my arms while the doctor put you to sleep was the hardest, worst thing I’ve ever had to do, but I couldn’t let you suffer and I couldn’t make you go through that alone. I couldn’t justify prolonging your suffering to postpone mine.

I thought you were getting better. Monday was almost like you were back to normal. But I know now that Monday was just God letting me spend one more perfect, snuggly day with you. I will always be grateful for that gift. So, now, I have to say goodbye, baby girl. I know you’re with Jesus now and that you’ll be waiting for me to get to Heaven so I can hold you in my arms once more. You’re my beautiful big-eyed bell flower, and Daddy and I love you so very, very much.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
I saw your other thread, you certainly did everything you could. I'm so sorry, she was a beautiful girl and had a great life with you. We could never have enough time with them... *hugs*

·
Registered
804 Posts
So sorry! She's waiting for you now at the rainbow bridge, good as new. May precious memories bring you comfort in your grief.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
You were so right to hold your baby in your arms while she went. Her last memory of this life will be of your love and she'll hold that until you meet again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you Arianwen. That really means a lot. It was the most difficult thing I've ever done, but I wanted her to know that she didn't have to be scared because I was there and I wasn't going to let anything hurt her anymore.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all. It has been a week now and while I am not feeling the shock that I was, it has turned into a deep hurt that feels like a kick in the stomach. A day hasn't gone by that I haven't thought of her or shed a tear. It almost feels like if I don't cry, I am betraying her.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And razzle, I am sorry for your loss as well. I am not sure if I'll ever completely get over it or connect with another like her.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I know it's hard to let them go, but one day you will be together. In the meantime, she'll be waiting for you where there's no suffering or pain.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you all so much for your kind words. I can't believe it's almost been a month since I lost her. As long as I focus on the good times, I'm okay, but I still can't think of her last days without getting choked up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts