Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I just bought C.E.T Chew (fish) 30 counts for my bad breath cat, does this product really help??? have anyone try????? (it said that it prevent gum disease and refresh breath etc....)

Here is the product website
http://www.cetdental.com/chewing_products.asp

Can someone give me advise on this product if you had used.

SHYKO

·
Registered
263 Posts
How old is your kitty. Mine has horrible breath due to teething. I have never used the CET chews for cats, but I have heard that dogs enjoy them. However, the best way to kill the bad breath is to BRUSH!! There is also some CET rinse that you can squirt on the cat's teeth to help get rid of icky stuff. I have used the CET toothpaste, and on my kitten, it has improved his breath. The older kitten, however, I don't think it has helped that much.
The best stuff I have found for simply killing the bad breath (don't know if it has helped with gingivitis or tartar) is a blue gel that you rub on their molars. This instantly kills bad breath. I can't remember the actual name of it, but it comes with a powder that you mix into the gel. I will have to check on the name....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Parker,

Thanks for your reply, my kitty is 9 months old. I had try CET chew for 3 days now and my Kitty enjoy it alot will update if it help. The reson that i did not brush her teeth because it won't let me so dicided to by the CHEW instead.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm not sure how good the CET products are, but the vet office I used to work at would sell them for really bad cases. Both for cats and dogs.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i brushed my cat's teeth every morning..i try to brush it as good as possible even though its hard so i get a couple brushes around each teeth...parker...if its possible can you please find out the name of that gel?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AngelZoo said:
I'm not sure how good the CET products are, but the vet office I used to work at would sell them for really bad cases. Both for cats and dogs.
AngelZee

Is it the CHEW product that you are refering to?? Since you had work at a vet office before can you tell me a little more at this C.E.T. product??? Because i am in Hong Kong and some of my friend ship this C.E.T. to me.

Shyko

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shyko said:
AngelZoo said:
AngelZee

Is it the CHEW product that you are refering to?? Since you had work at a vet office before can you tell me a little more at this C.E.T. product??? Because i am in Hong Kong and some of my friend ship this C.E.T. to me.

Shyko
AngelZoo,

Any advise?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I love CET Chews. They work fantastically well, not just to keep tartar from developing, but even cleaning off what's there. I highly recommend them.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
676 Posts
Shyko:

Sorry yes, it was the cat and dog CET Chews in the boxes that we carried.
We didn't have to give them out often as a lot of our patients just got yearly dentals. But for those who had to use them swore that they work very well.

The Cat chews are made from catfish, so they are fish flavored, basically containing enzymes to help prevent plaque from forming. I don't know the exact ingredients of this one.

The Dog chews are basically rawhide, with it's own ingredients having the same effect.

There is also now CET HEXtra Premium chews, but I have no experience with them.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Dr. Jean...I have to ask, are the dental chews any use at all for a cat who does minimal chewing? Assumpta swallows almost everything whole, even large-size kibble like Hill's Science hairball formula (she's never chewed her food, just picks it up on her tongue, flips it back, and swallows it). My husband picked up some of the Petrodex cat chews thinking that he didn't want to spend big bucks on something that the cat wouldn't chew (or even touch). They look pretty similar to the CET chews, like an industrial foam earplug.

For the longest time, she wouldn't even touch them (which I attribute to the fact that I've been taking stray earplugs away from her for years with a stern "NO!"). Finally, I stuffed a piece of kibble deep in each end so that she had to bite the chew to get to the kibble, and since then, she's yummed them right up, no kibble neeed.

I am getting to the end of the bag (have been giving her one a day), and was considering buying some of the CET chews if they're actually worthwhile...but Assumpta seems to polish them off in about three bites and swallows big chunks whole, so I am wondering if she's actually getting any benefit from them. Is she getting any of the enzyme cleaners or abrasives on her teeth, or is she just swallowing them before they can do her any good?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dear All,

How much does the C.E.T. Chew cost at US (30/96 count)??? Because my friend got a pack for me and i am planning to buy more once is use up. Where is the cheapest to get it???

Shyko

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Shyko, Perhaps you'll get an answer in a few hours. Most people are probably in bed, and I'm not familiar with the quality or price of the product. Dr. Jean is very pleased with it and she's a veterinarian. That should help. :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Shyko: The average price online seems to be about $24.00 + shipping.
At any local retail location however, you would probably find them to be about $30.00 :)

Yes they are expensive, that's just how it goes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts