Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny story. :D
So my live-in boyfriend and I were talking about getting cats for quite some time. We went to the SPCA together, and him, always having a thing for orange cats, found a spunky young boy, yet huge, which he named Caesar. I've always had a thing for mysterious cats, so I fell in love with a shy and timid 2 yr old girl, all black, which I named Juno. They both have striking yellow eyes. Anyways, we both went home with how much "better" our pick of cat was than the other's. (even though we planned to love them both unconditionally, we thought it would be cool to have fun and see who had "chosen" the better cat. Turns out, instead, the cats "chose" the better owner!)

Turns out, Juno absolutely loves him! She waits for him at the door when she knows its time for him to come home. She sleeps on his lap when he's at the computer, and will only let him pet her! She's very shy and timid around me, but not around him!
And Caesar? He loves me! He's my cuddle bunny. He's so friendly and openly in your face. At first I hated it, having had cats my whole life which were strictly "sleep at the foot of the bed" types, but he's the "I'll sleep on your face even if it smothers you and wake you up at 4am type." He scoffs and my boyfriend, and rarely lets me do anything (he's in between my body and the keyboard as I type this) alone.

So, obviously, neither of the cats is better. They are both perfect for us, except, switched from who chose them, haha. Oh, and they love eachother too.

Heres My little Buddy, Caesar, being cute:

Here he is again, being even cuter. You can see his pretty markings, too.

And heres the only "decent" one I have of Juno. She's so hard to photograph because of the black. But it shows them together and cuddling on their favorite chair.

And I couldn't find that this wasn't allowed anywhere, but here is a video of Caesar. You can see his striking eye color (as well as my phone will let you, ha) and his "hug me" personality. Cuteness alert!
SprintVideo_bjtay4.mp4 video by JunoBear4 - Photobucket

And there you have it :D

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
A black kitty and a big orange boy! Two of the best kinds of kitties in the world!!!!

They're adorable, and it's so funny that your cats chose the other human!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Excellent! Gorgeous kitties you have!

The same thing happened with 2 of our kitties. Hubby got me Kisa as a surprise, then he picked out Logan a couple months later as his kitty. Now, 8 years later, Kisa is definitely his cat and Logan is 100% mine lol. Kisa is like your Juno, very shy and timid, whereas Logan is all in your face. Funny how it goes like that :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing! I love the video! So cute! I think it's funny how they switched on you two. Goes to show they have very distinct personalities!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Very cute kitties you have! It alsways warms my heart to see that cats can attach to their owner and love them so much! they really chose you! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts