Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought tonight would never get here. They mewed a little on the way home, just little baby sounds. And they just started right in playing the second they got out of the carrier!

Cali is on the left and tomboy Charlee is on the right

First meal (as you can see, they chose the wet food - yays!)

Charlee dancing - so happy!

Cali's action shot

I left the room to upload some pictures and spend some time with my big girls - went back in and almost had a heart attack!!!! I don't know how Charlee got on the bookcase - must have jumped from the tree. I moved the tree too far away and put stuff on the top of the bookcase so it wouldn't look tempting.

Cali loves the feather - Cleo hasn't missed it yet. 8O

The little kink in Cali's tail

Cali chillin'

They have been playing with this forever!

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
My oh, my! All that to do about nothing! :wink: They love it at home. You are in for some great fun! Congratulations, Meowmie Marie! :D The eat, sleep, and play. Can you say "easy, boys and girls?" (Oh, and they use the litter box too.)

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They've both pooped (nice solid ones) and peed in the litter box. :yellbounce

And they're so cute when they groom after they eat. :D

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts

Welcome Home Cali & Charlee, this is the best day of your life. You'll be spoiled little princesses from now on :lol:

Congrats Marie, you're gonna have a blast with these little girls!

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cali is shy and supposedly not the adventurous one, but she shimmies up that cat tree like it's nothing. Charlee is a cuddler and purrs really loud. :luv

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can see Cali's belly in some of the pictures - but for Charlee, they shaved her almost up to her little armpits! 8O

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
The flight to California is booked, now I just need to decide if I'm going to Marie's first to catnap Cali & Charlee or to Nini's to grab Wicket. Decisions...decisions...hmmmm...

Oh...and the return flight has a long layover at JFK, so I can run to Julie's and get Ginny.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
AWWWWWW... CUTENESS ATTACK!!!

Marie, these babies are SOOOO adorable! And I love their names! :D

And my gawd, look at all these toys... and how they love the cat tree already... they are going to be so spoiled! No wonder they are adapting so fast, they know they are in the best place with the best of meowmies right now.

How are the Divas reacting to their smell?

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cinderella has SEEN them, she's been laying in the doorway, but she lays there all the time. They're quick - Charlee almost got out twice. The humidity has made my doors all stick and I have to push on it really hard to open or close it, so I can't "sneak" in their room. Cleo's smells them on me and she's pretty cool. Cali smelled Cleo on my hands and her mouth opened and some air came out. I think that was her hiss! :D It was so adorable!

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm so glad I got sisters! They play together and sleep together, cuddle with each other. They're so entertained with their toys and newness, they don't even cry to get out of the room. Charlee runs for the door when I open it, but that's to be expected. I didn't have the door shut all the way and Cleo walked in. Cali and Charlee were up on the top level of the cat tree and Cleo just walked up and started eating their food. :roll:

Then she looked up. Just stopped and stared. And stared. And the little cuties just had their heads hanging down looking at her. From her favorite spot. Her very, very favorite spot where she spends her days. There was no noise or raised fur or anything. Just staring. Then Cleo turned and walked out.

I've seen Charlee get down the cat tree, but not Cali. I've taken her down twice when she's wanted down. I decided to see if the top level comes off completely, because it's just too far to fall. I went back in the room and they were both on the floor playing. Sheesh! I finally believe they're probably not going to break. :D

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
They sound that they are really settling in well already. And Cleos response was positive! Excellent news! :jump

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, Allie, they were pretty far away up in the tree, but I'd like to think it was good. Just don't want to get my hopes up or rush things. My heart stopped when I turned and Cleo was walking into the room, because it was way, way too soon for them to see each other. Although when Cinderella saw them, there was no reaction, either. But again, they were far away from each other and they weren't on her side of the house. :D

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Sounds like a good start! Isis growled INSTANTLY when she saw the kittens, but then again they were in HER kitchen, stealing precious time from HER human, right under her nose...

I think you are perfectly right to not want to rush things... the girls will soon get used to the smell of the monkeys, and the sounds behind the door, but since they will still be treated as princesses, they should not feel too threatened. Of course I would be surprised if they snubbed the chance to voice disapproval on principle... :lol:

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Poor Cleo. She wants in her room. :(

1 - 20 of 115 Posts