Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I adopted a calico from a cousin that found her on their doorstep in Dec. She will be one at the end of the month. She is a little stinker and not user friendly. She has a mind of her own. She does not like to be held or loved. She does LOVE to play. She is very vocal when she is hugry or wants to play. She will come up to us and very gently bite our legs to get our attention. I love her to death and she does the cuttest things. I was told that calicos are like this. She doesn't hurt us when she bites. She has a mind of her own. Just like a kid. Are all calicos like this? The vet said calicos are like this.

·
Super Moderator
27,076 Posts
Zippy!!!!! Always great to see you back here. :)

Calico is a color, not a breed, so it does make me a little crazy when people talk about them like they're brats. But let's face it, my twins' nickname was actually The Bratz. It sounds like yours is a typical kitten. My girls ran hot and cold as to liking to be independent and wanting to be held. Charlee is my velcro kitty now that her sister is gone. But Cleo has never liked to be held or touched and I've had her for almost 16 years, and I know it's because of what she went through before I adopted her. Cali was also my ankle biter when she was little so I ignored her or picked her up and put her down away from me. Cats do not like being ignored and eventually she stopped.

Your cat looks like she should be starring in Phantom of the Opera in her avatar picture. And I totally understand that, like with Cali, being cute lets her get away with a lot.

Reactions: meawcat

·
Super Moderator
27,076 Posts
My twins loved being picked up and held once they were out of kittenhood. Now I can't keep Charlee off my lap. My black cat, Cleo, is the only talker. She never shuts up and always has to have the last word. When I come home, Cleo starts in on wanting to be fed. Charlee just wants me to pet her.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zippy!!!!! Always great to see you back here. :)

Calico is a color, not a breed, so it does make me a little crazy when people talk about them like they're brats. But let's face it, my twins' nickname was actually The Bratz. It sounds like yours is a typical kitten. My girls ran hot and cold as to liking to be independent and wanting to be held. Charlee is my velcro kitty now that her sister is gone. But Cleo has never liked to be held or touched and I've had her for almost 16 years, and I know it's because of what she went through before I adopted her. Cali was also my ankle biter when she was little so I ignored her or picked her up and put her down away from me. Cats do not like being ignored and eventually she stopped.

Your cat looks like she should be starring in Phantom of the Opera in her avatar picture. And I totally understand that, like with Cali, being cute lets her get away with a lot.
She has changed so much! I have only had her 5 months! It seems longer than that! We have bonded and have gotten to know each other. I love her so much. I was ready to get rid of her but everyone needs to know, like I found out, you need to give it time! She is my best friend and makes me laugh so much!

·
Super Moderator
27,076 Posts
Great update!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts