Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet Callista, my resident crank. She is 12 years old (just a few months younger than Xerxes), half Siamese and half moggie/Persian cross. I got from a different co-worker who also worked for one of those companies that supplies animals for movies, commericals, photo shoots and the like. She was the last in a litter of 8 where the advertiser had wanted a Siamese mother with multi-colored kittens.
-As a note I still find it disturbing that animals are bred for these purposes...

No one wanted to adopt her because, well, she was one ugly kitten. And cranky. And LOUD.

She's not ugly any more, but she's still loud and cranky. My poor dog lives in fear of her.
Really she is quite a dear, she has serious cuddling needs and sleeps on my pillow every night. She is just one of those cats who only likes things on her terms, which means she can't stand the dog, Jasio, foster kittens, neighbors, being picked up and held when it wasn't her idea to start with etc....

Her favorite spot for day dreaming:

I've given up on keeping her off of the kitchen table:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Oh...:heart She looks just like my Lady!
She's a very pretty girl who obviously knows what she likes and what she doesn't, and she doesn't put up with anything she doesn't like.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Beautful. What makes a cat this way. My Dinkers was our first inside cat. Rescued on a cold November day from our alley. My wife heard a faint mew, mew during the day. That evening she went to the alley and found Dinkers, small, hungry and critical. She stopped breathing on the way into the house twice and was brought back by vigorous rubbing to warm and revitalize. She was listless until some leftover chichen was offered. It was then I found out she was older than we thought when her well developed teeth got me instead of the chicken. Ouch. She was just a runt with big teeth.

She hates my wife now. They meet in the hallway and it's growling and carrying on all the way down, passing and leaving. Funny. She sleeps in our bed during the day. Has to be forced to get down by the wife or me and oh the cursing Dinkers gives us.

She only likes me now. Exclusively. It started when we started with the ferals and some of the tamed kittens got to come inside. That was the straw the broke the camels back. Odd, she's 7 now and definantly a Groutch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lord have mercy what a cutie as a kitten! Do you have any pictures posted of Dinkers as an adult?

Callista has always been stand off-ish about being held since I got her as a 8 week old, but from the first night has slept on my pillow.
After having a rough time when I was living with some friends and we had 6 cats total she kind of went off the deep end and became rather neurotic, I blame the Siamese in her ;)
Now that it is just us and no roommates AND she has anti-anxiety drugs on board she actually allow my friends to pet her a little without running away. Better living (and more fur) through chemistry for the win!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'll take some pics of Dinkers, she won't be pleased. Haha. She absolutely has no use for anything, human or cat, unless on her terms. She sits in my lap very seldom, but I'm the only one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts