Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has had success with any of the natural remedies for anxiety in cats? I have two cats who, while they don't outright fight, are not especially happy about being with each other, and I thought I'd give it a try.

In looking at them online tho, it seems that there are so many varieties for so many things, and I think my cats have all of those issues! :lol: Any recommendations for the best one(s) to try?

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
Do you mean the drops you put into drinking water? I tried something whose name totally escapes me at the moment - I'd recognize it if I saw it - and didn't find it effective at all. I'm about to try a pheromone collar for my two kitties who've been living together for 10 1/2 years and still don't really like each other. I've found the pheromone sprays (I've been using one called At Ease, from Petsmart) really effective when I spray their carriers and take them to the vet, and I think some people here have had success with the Feliway diffusers.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's what I meant. My boss gave me a bottle this morning that he had used on his cat. It is the Homeopet Anxiety version. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it.

Last night I decided to seperate them for the night thinking it would relax each of them, but then of course they each wanted in the other room that the other cat was in, so I gave up and let them both have the whole house.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
About a month into introducing Jake into the house I received a free bottle on Homeopet Anxiety. I wouldn't normally use a homeopathic on my own, the "science" behind it doesn't make any sense to me. But I figured it can't hurt. Hard to tell, but I can't say it did much of anything.

I've had good personal experience with Feliway diffusers and Pet Naturals of Vermont Calming Chews. I've also receive good feedback on NaturVet Calming treats.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
There other liquid stuff called "Rescue Remedy", maybe this is what you heard of?
Bach Rescue Remedy in Cats | eHow.com
That's it! I think a vet recommended it years back. I was pretty skeptical - that's a pretty small bottle for a pretty big water bowl. And as I said, I didn't notice any difference except that it seemed to make the water feel slightly slimy after a while.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I had a good experience with the Feliway diffuser years ago when I introduced my elderly cat to Muffin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts