Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay for the record this was no vacation, but I'll save that story for the lounge (what a nightmare!).

Anyway, most of you know that Addison and Franny have wrestling matches at night, but other than that Franny has just been tolerant of Addison. I've always been jealous of Teagan and Tierney...though we aren't there yet...I think we are close.

I found them like this when we got home.

It's not T&T but it's an accomplishment. However, they are putting a dent in the cushions of our new couch. Uggh.

·
Registered
99 Posts
don't those moments make you feel so happy? I'm still working on my two. so far, they enjoy sleeping apart, but this weekend I plan to play with them all day and keep them up until they can't open their eyes anymore, and then see where that takes them. :)

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BritChipmunk said:
don't those moments make you feel so happy? I'm still working on my two. so far, they enjoy sleeping apart, but this weekend I plan to play with them all day and keep them up until they can't open their eyes anymore, and then see where that takes them. :)
Don't give up! 2 weeks ago Franny was still hissing at Addison anytime she jumped up on our bed while Franny was already there!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AddFran said:
BritChipmunk said:
Don't give up! 2 weeks ago Franny was still hissing at Addison anytime she jumped up on our bed while Franny was already there!
Did I say 2 weeks ago? OH, I meant THIS MORNING Franny was hissing at Addison for being on the bed. Geez! Can't they make up their minds already!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
They may never be best pals but I'm sure they'll learn to co-exist without the hissing and fighting.

Little Addison is really, really cute! Franny also has that look in a cat that I like.. both so sweet.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Padunk said:
They may never be best pals but I'm sure they'll learn to co-exist without the hissing and fighting.

Little Addison is really, really cute! Franny also has that look in a cat that I like.. both so sweet.
Thanks!
Ya know, I'm starting to realize that Franny is really, really vocal. She's the only one who hisses (for no reason mostly, but also when they are play wrestling). Franny screams so loud you'd think someone is beating her and most of the time it's Addison that's getting the brunt of it. They chase each other back and forth through the house and Franny acts as though she is annoyed with Addison when she gets pounced on, but as soon as Addison shows no interest in Franny...Franny gets up and follows her around. So, as much as Franny wants to pretend that she can't stand Addison, she really does love her deep down.

Also, anytime I am trimming Addison's nails and the one or two times I had to give her a bath, Franny comes by if she hears Addison crying. She'll walk up and start meowing, like she's asking..."are you okay?" and then they'll meow back and forth. Then, I'll put Addison down and Franny will give her a smack on the head. :roll:

They recently started eating out of the same food bowl at the SAME time with no problems too! It seems to be all about Franny's mood and what she's claimed as "her property"...mainly our bed and that couch cushion they are sleeping on together up above. I was very surprised to see her sharing the couch.

They have a unique relationship to say the least...but I'd really love for them to cuddle like Krista's kitties. Maybe someday!!!! :?

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
AddFran said:
However, they are putting a dent in the cushions of our new couch. Uggh.
Hehe I know what your experiencing, my cats put a big dent on the corner pillows and it drives me mad b/c I can't push the dent back out :wink:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The picture isn't working anymore *sniff* Altho, from the sounds of it, I'm gonna be really jealous when I see it hehe.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This morning...sharing breakfast.
I wish they'd make up their minds already! It's such a love hate relationship!

And, yes, I can see that I need to mop the floor today! :roll:

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
They're so cute!! I'm happy for your progress. We're hoping *fingers crossed* that if we decide to keep any of the kittens or Scully, that Beeper will be receptive of them. We'll see... :roll:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aw, come on. You know you'll end up keeping somebody!
:wink:

Edit: I vote for Scully! The mama cats always get overlooked. :(

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
How cute - it is the first step of many more to come towards an *only love no hate* relationship, I am sure :D

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
AddFran: If we kept a kitty, it would definately be Scully, and for the same reason, the older ones are usually overlooked. Of course, my dad wants to keep a kitten or two in addition to her, so we'll be having some family meetings over the next month or two :roll:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spacemonkey said:
AddFran: If we kept a kitty, it would definately be Scully, and for the same reason, the older ones are usually overlooked. Of course, my dad wants to keep a kitten or two in addition to her, so we'll be having some family meetings over the next month or two :roll:
How exciting! That's so nice of you - EVERYTHING you've done for her! Keep us posted! :lol:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ioana said:
How cute - it is the first step of many more to come towards an *only love no hate* relationship, I am sure :D
I hope so. I actually think that Franny IS fine with her and Franny does like her...I just think Addison is annoying her really bad. When Addison is a little less nutty and doesn't feel the need to pounce on Franny's head every single time she rounds a corner, I think we'll be okay.

I'm telling ya, this little kitten is just NON-stop. And, to think - I picked her because she was seemed both: laid back..yet, not shy!

Boy, was she putting on a show. I've never met a kitten as nutty or fearless as this one. It never stops! It's so much fun though!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts