Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... didn't think I needed a reminder not to leave hair elastics lying around, but apparently I did.

Came home from a long day of studying to discover a hair elastic in a pile of puke. I'm not sure of the culprit, but I'm guessing it is ET since he has done it once before. Both cats have been normal as of late, although Lacey was off her food for a bit last week. So who knows... after WhiteKitties' experience with fleece-eating, anything is possible! Regardless, I'm glad that it was thrown up... elastics can really do nasty things to a kitty's insides :(

Thought I'd share this as a gentle reminder for everyone to guard your inanimate-eatables. I'm usually very careful, but I guess this one got away. Darn pica cats!!!

-BP

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I guess I'm lucky in that Arianwen confines her pica tendencies to catnip, and munching grass outside. She goes after grass like she's a mini-goat. :yikes

·
Super Moderator
26,357 Posts
Good thing my cats aren't pica.

They're elite. :D

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
gunterkat said:
I guess I'm lucky in that Arianwen confines her pica tendencies to catnip, and munching grass outside. She goes after grass like she's a mini-goat. :yikes
When I brought Zenobi home and took her outside the first time, she was looking for something. I knew the sort of grass cats like, so I picked a bit and offered it. She grabbed it so fast I was lucky not to lose a finger. These days I grow it indoors. Three little pots in various state of growth. Yesterday I moved the present in use pot to do some cleaning. She came running over, perhaps thinking I was going to steal it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts