Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is Boo, my 4 month old kitty. I’ve thought Boo was a Himalayan for some time (since that’s what the adoption center thought), however I can’t seem to believe that since from what I have seen, Himalayans usually have the face of a Persian cat. Later I discovered the Ragdoll/Siamese mix and thought he was that. Just today, however, I just found out about the Seal Point Burmese which I have found he looks closest to. P.S. he has two siblings, one Siamese and one calico. To break it down: What do you think he is from looking at his photos?

1. Himalayan
2. Ragdoll/Siamese
3. Seal point Burmese
4C962E70-7D49-424C-8AFC-7C92B1296CF1.jpeg C4612002-68B6-4016-AF5C-3A0A1376722F.jpeg
9A50FD1B-928E-4FA0-95B5-2BD994666649.jpeg

Thank you guys ♡

·
Registered
25 Posts
Still showing a non functional image. I don’t know much about cat breeds but if the images don’t show you won’t be able to get help :( hopefully the problem is on my end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,440 Posts
You have a DSH, domestic short haired cat. But he definitely looks like he has some Siamese in him. Very handsome little guy.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
He definitely has some "Siamese" genes there to have the "pointed color pattern". But without registration papers in an accredited cat fancy organization such as CFA, TICA, CCA, he's a Domestic Longhair and his color is "seal point". His coat looks somewhat similar to a Balinese, but the head shape isn't triangular enough, and looks to me more like a Tonkinese in his head and body shape, tho this breed usually comes only as a shorthair with a close-lying coat. So I would call him a Tonkinese/mix. He's a gorgeous cat and has beautiful expressive eyes! Lucky you!

Sorry for the mix up.....the above reply went to ceddr by mistake.

·
Registered
335 Posts
As the owner of both a Tonkinese and a Burmese, you have neither. Hair is too long for a Tonk. Eye color is wrong for a Burmese. Also, there is no such thing as a seal point Burmese. Tonkinese are much more blended than this...this is more of a Siamese color. You have a beautiful mixed breed cat ... congratulations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts