Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So two months ago we bought a very scared house cat, primarily for my mum but would be a family cat. About a month ago she developed a very strong bond with me, doesn't want to know anyone else. The problem is I am moving out and I am really worried about her when I do. I have tried having mum sit with us when I make a fuss of Bella, but Bella just walks away from mum. Also, mum is already the person that feeds Bella and does the litter tray. Is she likely to pick a new favourite person when I leave? Or will she be depressed? I haven't had her very long so I hope there is time for her to grow fond of the rest of the family. She is part Siamese. She acts scared of everyone else and runs away, even though they really try and are very friendly to her.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
It depends.....on a cat's personality, upbringing and genetics. Some cats are just content to be fed and don't seek out affection or even want it, to others that crave love and attention most of the time and don't like to be left alone. Your Bella has shown that she does like the fuss you make over her, so it's likely that she will pick someone else when you're not around, and it may not be your mum. You can't force a cat to like a particular person.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts