Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have key-key who is just about 3 months and wiskers who is 19-20 years old. Wiskers stays in the back bathroom does never comes out he just stays in there I think its cause hes so old! A key-key just runs all over the house But when we feeed them key-key eats alot faster then wiskers so she will go eat wiskers food! Now we have came to the point that we just close the door when Wiskers is eating. I feed key-key the right amount of food she never even finishs hers. Does she just eat Wiskers food cause she wants to, or cause she dont like her food? Or what?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
It may be her trying to show dominance, taking the others food.
The answer to your question is a cat can, and kittens esp will over eat. At times kittens can be very greedy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've read that you should feed a kitten as much as they want or will eat. Is this not true? It doesn't seem like it would be an effective policy if kittens over-eat.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I too have read to always keep dry food out 24/7 for kittens, and canned twice a day. I was told this by a friend of mine who is fostering 30+ kittens and has been doing this for the no-kill shelter for over 10 years. She said kitten have their own schedule, so until they are at least 6-10 months, leave dry out all day.

Take Care :D
Abhay

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Kittens should be fed 3-4 times a day and should be given as much as they will consume in about 20 minutes or so.

Kittens are growing and need the extra food. My kitten also eats out of the older cats bowl. She goes back and forth, to be honest, I think she's just clueless. She smells food so she goes over to eat it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I feed Key-key 3 times a day but she never eats it all so she always has food in her bowl. The only time I really see the food all gone is in the morning and thats when she gets more in her bowl!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts