Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this cat for about 8 years. His Name Was Fred, he was obscenely friendly (worshiped me, and his whole family all he cared about was people and food) we used to say he had no life lol. But he was great. Anyway, he slowly gained weight, but nothing to really worry about. but when I moved away when I turned 18, he became VERY depressed, completely different animal, not happy at all anymore and this was a complete 180 as far as personality went. When I was around of course, visiting he was very, very excited and happy. Anyway I did not see him for about two-three monthis, then when I saw him he was HUGE! he gained a ton of weight (looked more bloated than fat really) when he'd lay on his side the two legs facing the cieling would be literally just in the air. The first time I saw him I think he was embarrased of how he looked because he ran off really fast and hid and was reluctant to come see me, which was not like him, but when I treated him normally, he was himself again. I was very shocked at how much he had changed (picture elvis in his final days, this is how my cat looked, if you know what I mean) Of course my parents said nothing was wrong with him and I just hadnt seen him/wasnt used to it, but I KNOW he had changed a lot. Anyway, he stayed huge like this for probably about a year, then he started to slowly loose weight once my cat (miss kitty, pictured in the breeding forum) moved in. They became friends and my parents claimed that he was loosign weight because she was chasing him around (which kind of made sense, at the time) But he kept loosing weight, then he started eating like crazy...he couldnt stop eating, and always acted like he was starving. The interesting thing is that he never gained any weight with his increased food intake. He kept loosing weight. His nose started to get little spots all over it. Oh, I should also mention that right before the rapid weight loss started, he lost his ability to "hold it" and would urinate uncontrolibly wherever he was, this forced us to make him an outdoor cat, which made him upset since he didnt know why he had to stay outside) It was very sad. Toward the end he probably weighed less than five pounds, was literally nothing but skin and bones. His eyes became kind of cloudy and wierd looking, he had a hard time walking or doing anything. Eventually he basically starved to death since he didnt have the energy to eat/drink...my parents wouldnt get him put to sleep since they where to cheap to spend the money since he was "going to die anyway" Needless to say this was very agrivating. But I've been curious to find out what it was that did him in, since it was so strange. Anybody have similar experiences?

Earl

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I wouldnt want to take it that far, they dont deserve to go to jail over this IMO, but I was just curious about this, I'm not mad about it anymore or anything.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hmm, if my parents pulled something like that, they might find me too cheap if 15-20 years to put them into a nice nursing home. I'm sure they would be fine living in a shed. They would get used to it.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
That was such a sad story! I wish your parents would of taken the cat to the vet, but whats done is done. I hope for future reference they may consider actually finding out whats wrong with the cat before kicking it outside. :?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts