Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
All of those "what can animals see things" or slowly evolving or getting dismissed.

I think they have proved in one way or another that cats and dogs so at least some colour, in a couple of the colour spectrums.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I recently read that they see a pastel-like color spectrum. Regardless of what colors they do and don't see, they obviously have fantastic vision. Cats, both wild and domestic, are the best hunters on land.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Animals which see in the dark better use more rods than cones. Rods are...defining or something and cones are colours and stuff. I cant remember hey its physics I did a speech on it last year. Cats have a [And other hunters probably] thing called a taptum lucidum [I cant remember the word but its something like that]. It acts like a mirror for the light, rebounds in the eye heaps. Okay thats off topic. But thats how they see so well in the dark and I hear cats notice movement [Thanks to the rods] more than colour but perhaps they have enough cones to see colour.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Actauly, cats DO see colors. They're eyes can't process some though. Like red, green, & blue. But I really believe that dogs can, too.

Check out my web site:
http://www.accessdots.com/eva/main.html
I'm still working on the web site... Takes so much time to do it!!!
I know exactly how you feel!! And now i've decided to put a seasonal image for every month! It sure is fun, though. Hard work really pays off!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I read in one of my cat books that cats see in shades of blue and green...and black and white I suppose? Hmph, I suppose its time to read that section again. :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts