Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just joined and I think I was supposed to post my third thread in the info section... so here is my question. We recently had to put to sleep our 1 year old kitty. She was extremely thin and so uncoordinated that she could barely walk. The vet said it was neurological. Long story short, we ran many blood tests and they all came back negative. We ended up putting her to sleep a few days ago as she could not move anymore. The Toxoplasmosis test is not back yet, so we have not confirmed that it is or not.
However, in the case that it is Toxoplasmosis..... we have another cat at home, who is also 1, and in perfect health. I called my vet but they won't tell me anything until the results are back, but I am sick to my stomach and need answers. Will I be able to adopt another cat in the future? Is it safe for my existing cat and for the new cat to be together? Will I have to keep my one cat and never adopt again?
Thanks for all your comments. I am in desperate need of answers and my vet probably won't call me for another 2 days, which is excrutiating right now. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I didn't get any answer... but the vet did call and said that it was not Toxoplasmosis, so all is good.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. It must have been frustrating not getting an answer quickly. Though you still don't know exactly why this happened, I hope that the healing process begins for you. It must have been so hard to watch your kitten slowly lose her ability to move. I wish you well and hope that you find out why this happened to such a young gentle soul.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your kitty. It's never easy. I'm glad it wasn't Toxoplasmosi and that your other cat will be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts