Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently useing this cat odor remover(one on the right)

and i was wondering since my cat is being fixed on tuesday, if i should wash my whole apartment down with that stuff the day he is being fixed.. Like use like a paper towel with the stuff on it and rub down the walls, or should i just spray it all around the house, but that would mabey be wasteing the stuff($13 a bottle).. But i dont know, all of this cat odor removeing is annoying me very bad..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
If he's the guy that's been spraying, yes, you need to wash down everywhere that has been sprayed. A blacklight (available at Petsmart) will help you find the guilty spots and save you washing areas that are okay.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Shopping list for Monday/tuesday

Monday
New Bottle Of Odor Remover($13)
BlackLight ($15-$25)

Tuesday
Cat Being fixed ($100+)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Yeah, cats can be expensive. I just spent over $50 on three pallets of Wellness cat food for Sabastion. It should last about a month. It should have been less, but they ran out of 5.5 oz cans and I had to get several 3 oz cans. :?

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this on another thread, but I spray odor remover everywhere (I use Nature's Miracle). I use it to freshen up the curtains, carpets, furniture and I even spray it on the tile in the bathroom. You'd be amazed at how cat urine will permeate everything. The neatest thing about Nature's Miracle that I've found is that it tends to bleach the grout in my bathroom floor and makes it look much cleaner in a way Tilex never could. I spray it up the walls around the litterbox just in case he missed.

I've found that you only need to saturate the areas where your cat has urinated. If you just want to freshen up, just mist everything lightly. Be careful of wood surfaces. Nature's Miracle hasn't ruined any of my furniture, but you're using a different product and the finishes on your furniture may be different.

Yeah, it gets expensive, but when you walk into my house, you don't know I have a cat until he comes running up to you for attention. I just can't tolerate the odor of cat urine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k, heres what i got, i got a gallon of a product called Out, i also got a black light, and i just went threw everyroom to find his "spots" and i found a few of them, and i put some of the stuff on there, and moved on to the next room and found a few more spots.. Wish me luck on the sugery tomorrow, i hope everything goes well..

pic of a smaller bottle, but its the same thing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts