Cat Forum banner

Can she be pregnant?

882 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Kitty827 
#1 ·
Hi there! I'm new here so I might have done this wrong. But i have a female cat that showed up a month ago, cant find her owners and havent been able to get her into a vet to be fixed because of my covid work hours. She went into heat about 3 days after she got here and it lasted 4/5 days. She has only been around my fixed males, however she did get into my catio that has 2 inch by 2 and a half inch wire and a roof.... can cats mate thru a fence like that? It's been three weeks and she hasnt gone back into heat again. I really dont know if she could be pregnant or if she just has longer cycles. Any ideas?

#3 ·
I doubt seriously anything would have gotten in.... my boys are massive (22lb, 25lb and 28lb 😅) and very territorial lol and there hasn't been a blood bath anywhere. If she got pregnant it would have had to been through the fence about three weeks ago when she was accidentally let out there. I will start checking nipples. Been calling around to get her fixed just hard to get an appointment I can get to with work

#5 ·
My boys are all indoors with a 40x26 foot cat run, theyare all part servil. All were neutered 8 years ago tho so no worries with them. She was let out into the run while i was at work by someone else so I'm thinking she was out for a few hours. I'm working on it. Finally found a low cost vet near me (everyone else is running 420 and up) just trying to get her an appointment. Checked her nipples this morning and shes still pale... shes gotten a little belly on her but she was thin enough to see bones when she showed up. So it could just be that shes finally able to eat

#6 ·
So if a male did come your boys couldn't run him off. It could happen in 1-2 minutes. A male could have even got her out... Intact males will go to great lengths to mate with a female in heat.

A month (half way) after conception, the female starts showing, so she's probably just getting bigger because she is now getting to eat.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.