Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I found this little girl, she was abandoned (yes I looked around and tried to see if there were other cats around, no there weren't. I have already been lectured by other's on another site about taking this kitten in, and really don't feel like getting that here. I am saving this kitten's life.) She is only 4 weeks, maybe 5 weeks old. (Again, I went out and got the kitten formula, a bottle and I am feeding it small bits of canned cat food [which it eats like it is it's last meal.] I know it needs it's mother's milk and nutrients for at least 8 weeks 10 to be safe.)

Okay now that, that is out of the way. I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't like being told I am doing something wrong, when I am saving it's life.

My husband and I can not agree upon a name. We do not like human names for animal's, I do like other languages as long as they are not lengthy (that is the same for English names), IE, my cat's name is Dolce, because she was so sweet and cuddly from the day we got her. I want something that represents her coloring or the way she looks. We don't like Fluffy or fuzzy etc.

Here are the names he turned down: Ash, Willow, Kiara, Jasmine, Chloe, and Sassy.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs908.snc4/72105_168376059844026_100000148997228_596879_821029_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs116.snc4/36179_168375613177404_100000148997228_596877_4371218_n.jpg

So here I am asking you experts for your creativity and help on names.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I don't understand why you think we would tell you you're doing the wrong thing. :?: I'm glad you're helping her.

I try to name my cats according to their temperament. Perhaps the fact that she is a rescue might help you to choose a name.

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
How about Xena, for the little tough, but gorgeous, warrier kitten who survived?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Totally getting this from your username, but what about Birdie? Cookie, Buffy, Misty... It's so hard for me to come up with names that are non-human because I'm the opposite, I like people names! Regardless of what you decide to name her, she's totally adorable!

p.s. She looks like my aunt's cat Milo, who is a girl.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good for you to rescue this baby! If you can save at least one kitty out of all the abandoned, kudos to you! She's beautiful. I like the name Bella as Susan suggested. I just rescued a 7 week old kitten. Found him under a dumpster at work. (he's in my avatar)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Aww, she's beautiful! Thanks for taking care of the little darling. :) I love Marie's suggestion of Xena (what a great show and a tough woman to boot!). I'll suggest Gabrielle (Sticking with the Xena theme...Gabby for short?), Olivia (another tough female from Fringe), or Amalthea (from the Last Unicorn).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I really love Willow. I think it suits her. Of course, you can't go wrong with Chloe either! (that is one of my cat's names)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't understand why you think we would tell you you're doing the wrong thing. :?: I'm glad you're helping her.

I try to name my cats according to their temperament. Perhaps the fact that she is a rescue might help you to choose a name.
I am sorry that I was rude, it is just that I asked this question on another forum, and got my head chewed off by multiple people. Stating that I was ruining it, and that you should NEVER remove a kitten from it's mother until 8 weeks minimum, etc.. and I just didn't want that anymore.

How about Xena, for the little tough, but gorgeous, warrier kitten who survived?
I thought this was adorable, but my husband replied with Zelda being better, because she is a princess who got rescued. Lol,

I think it is great you are saving her life!! I think you should name her Gremlin! She is sooooo cute.
Thank you so much. Lol, my Lhasa Apso's name is Gizmo. We thought she looked like a gremlin.

She is a doll! Are you sure it's a girl? How about... Tink?
Positive she is a girl. I liked that too, but husband said no. :(

She's beautiful. What about Bella? It seems to go well with Dolce.
This is what we named her, I came back to tell everyone we named her Belle (pronounced Bella), because she is so beautiful. Then I seen that there were many who suggested this for me as well.

Totally getting this from your username, but what about Birdie? Cookie, Buffy, Misty... It's so hard for me to come up with names that are non-human because I'm the opposite, I like people names! Regardless of what you decide to name her, she's totally adorable!

p.s. She looks like my aunt's cat Milo, who is a girl.
My first name is Shelly and my last name is Bird, and everyone in our family is called just Bird, so that wouldn't work. :D

I want to say Thank You! to everyone on here. You were so supportive of me rescuing her, this is what I needed. I knew in my heart I was doing the right thing, then after the first site telling me all these negative things. You guys just made me reassured about my decision. Just ant F.Y.I to all: when I got her, she was sunken in and all of her bones were showing. She had no fleas, mites, worms, even hardly any dirt. She has had a bath, (which she thoroughly enjoyed):eek:nekitty, food (her little tummy is not sunken in any more), toys, and she has been checked no worms, nothing harmful, just needs more nourishment, which I am sure she is gotten now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, now I know I did the right thing. The place where I found this kitten is in the desert between mine and a friends house. Well today, a little orange kitten the same age was at her front door in the corner dead. :-( this makes me so sad

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
It must have been heartbreaking to find the little orange kitten. I find it strange to think that you would be criticized for saving an abandoned kitten. Perhaps people misunderstood the situation. In any event, your Belle is adorable. And (surprise, surprise), I like the name you picked!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts