Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat has just died, She was about 5 or 6 years old. She had always been a very weak sort of cat. She vomited quite alot, and was always quite a thin cat. We would find her in the bathroom sometimes, drinking from the sink or bath hole. We thought nothing of it.

Then in july roughly, she started to drink ALOT from a water fountain in our living room, and she slept in the bathroom alot. We had to fill the fountain up very often. Then in august, she started to lose weight very quickly, drink alot of water, pee alot, lost her appetite, and was very tired. She lost quite alot of weight, but then she started to improve. She started to eat normally again, and put the weight back on. She cheered up again, and we thougt she was back to normal. She was still drinking and peeing alot, but she was still her usual self.

This carried on, until in january(last month) when she started to sleep in the bathroom again. She started to lose weight. The weight loss was very quick. It was about a week or two from being her normal weight, to being very thin. She wasnt eating anything. She was sleeping alot. And was anti social. She got up to get a drink, and then just after i noticed some pink stuff on the sofa. I wasnt quite sure what it was, but i was starting to think it was bloody urine.

The next day, she was still peeing all over the sofa and it was pink. She started to make wailing noises. But she would only do this when she had just got up to get a drink. She would go back onto the sofa and sleep again. She started to walk very funny, and find it difficult to jump up onto the sofa. Later on that night, the wailing got worse. She was starting to wail every half hour or so. She would get up every now and then for a drink, but that was it. She was still not eating at all.

The next day, she was just laying on the floor spread out. She didnt get up at all to drink, she just layed there staring and wailing. She began to wail every couple of minutes. She also looked like she was having trouble breathing. A little while later, she started to breathe alot slower and then she died.

We buried her in the garden. We really dont know why she died. Im just wondering if anyone knows what might have been wrong with her. If anyone has a clue what could have killed her, then id really like to know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hannah, I am so sorry for your loss.

It sounds to me like your cat had blood in her urine. That could be from many different problems, most relating to kidney function. My first guess would be urinary tract infection that, untreated, damaged her kidneys, but without an autopsy it is impossible to know for sure. Hopefully Drjean will have some more information for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. None of us were sure what happened, but we did think it could have been something to do with her kidneys. :(

I forgot to mention....
She also liked to eat mud, and lick concrete. She used to eat the litter from her dirt tray too.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I'm sorry about your loss of your cat. It could be a numerous amount of things but sounds like it could be kidney or urinary tract infection also. Did you take your cat to the vet ever?? <<))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts