Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have two kittens that we have been bottle raising since they were 2 weeks old. They were given to us to care for when the mother died. They are now right at 4 weeks old and are starting to poop big normal sized cat poop instead of the watery stuff. Unfortunatly without a mother cat to clean them they have poop all over them from walking through it in the "nest box" I have cleaned them as best I could with baby wipes, but they need a real water bath to get the dried poop out of their fur. Is it safe to give kittens that young a water bath?

·
Registered
366 Posts
It's good to start bathing them at that age. They will get use to it. Dry them really good! Wipe their heads with wash clothes and don't pour water on the heads. Make sure the shampoo you use is okay for kittens that young. You can always call your vet and ask questions when in doubt!

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I wish I started bathing my cats when they were young, they are spoiled rotten when it comes to taking a bath. They get really crazy and wild! :twisted:

·
Registered
38 Posts
A related question-- how often should you bathe your cat? I got mine about 3-4 months ago, she is about a year old. She was a stray, so she has never been bathed before! I think she would go crazy on me if I tried to give her a bath.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I bathe mine about twice a year but it is really really difficult b/c they are really krazy when they hear that water running. Its not good to bathe them all too often b/c they have natural oils on their bodies and you dont want to wash it dry. All I know is I would tell my bf to wear gloves if we had any while he is holding them down, they bit him a few times last time. Good luck! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts