Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I took my roommate's cat Voodoo to get spayed on Monday morning. She's doing just fine but the vet said not to let her interact with the other animals in the house. That would be the dog, Banshee, and her mom, Salem. We've got her locked up in my bedroom (I'm sleeping on the couch) but she seems normal and wants to roam around the house.

My question is, should I keep her confined in my room for the rest of the 5-7 days like the doc told me? And if so, why? I should have asked the doctor why but like a fool I didn't ask.

Many thanks,

Fuzzman Deuce

·
Registered
237 Posts
When I got Tyra spayed, we kept her apart from Tyson for the 7 days... they just played with eachother under the door. We would let her out from time to time for supervised play time and just make sure he didn't rough her up too badly... but yeah. Keep her separate to prevent playtime "lovebites" that may hurt her while you're away.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I'm not positive, but I would imagine it is to prevent Voodoo's incision and stitches being pulled while playing and roughhousing with the other animals.
I know what you mean about her being back to normal though. I was amazed how quickly Velvet was up, around and back to herself after surgery. Cats are really resilant animals!!
Great names for your pets, very unique! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts