Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a dillema. I have the chance of giving a home to a new kitten but I'm not sure how Cleveland would react. He's a very affectionate, attention grabbing baby and I have a feeling he might not take to kindly to a new cat. He can be so affectionate to his little kitten soft toy but he can also grab it and bite and kick for all he's worth which I'm scared he might do to a new kitten. He is a wonderful cat and I love him so I'm not prepared to take on another cat if he's going to hate it and cause total chaos in our apartment. Can you guess a cat's reaction? He's still pretty young, only 11 months old.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I think they will be fine. Just introduce them slowly.
Have the new kitten in a private area for about 2 weeks.

When you cat is kicking and scratching the toy...he just wants to play.
It is alot of fun to watch 2 cats wrestle that way! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Two are much more fun than one. Depending on how well the kitten has been socialized with other kittens - it should work out well. A good introduction makes all the difference. A bad introduction can not be undone easily. Have a vet check done on the new kitty before introducing them. This can save money in the long run. Keep the kitten in isolation for about ten days. Introduce slowly. Take an article of clothing in and out works well. A dish of chicken hand fed works well when you first put them together.

Expect a few hisses and swats at first. Once you see them sleeping side by side, you'll know you've been successful.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still not sure what to do. Luckily the kittens aren't even born yet so I've plenty time :) Still got to convinve hubby that we really need another cat :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts