Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi we bought 2 rescue kittens on Sundaywho are 12 weeks old, they are settling in well and we are introducing them to our dog. Tonight they have started to climb on top of the dining table. I'm not sure how I feel about this as I then need to be very careful about food. If I allow them onto the kitchen counters then they would be able to look out the front- whilst that gives them something to look at I would really prefer to keep them off counters.

I know a lot about dogs but nothing about cats, although I am fast learning that they will rule the house. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
naartjies said:
....although I am fast learning that they will rule the house.
Accepting that fact is the first step! :D

You may be able to keep them off while you're around, but the minute you're gone.....

The twins were 10 weeks old when I brought them home. I stopped trying to fight the bad habits that I just couldn't get them to quit. I took my curtains down, put all breakables away, taped my cupboards shut (which they can still open), and took lots and lots of pictures of the twin devils. :D

Speaking of which......... any pictures?

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Leave no food out, nor anything that could become a cat-toy and lost under the fridge...'cause that's exactly where its gonna wind up.
Clorox wipes. (or your fave antibacterial prep product)
You will never know if little litter-feet have got up there while no one was around to see, so for *my* peace of mind, I clean my kitchen table and counters before I prepare and serve food, that way I *know* they are clean *right then*.
Also, if you give your kitties their *own* perch they can lounge on to watch things going on outdoors, that will go a long way towards keeping them off of your things, if you give them their own that they will want to use.
h

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for all the replies, will just keep the counters clean and well wiped :D
Will try with the photos with the kids help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts