Cat Forum banner

Canned food... rediculously over priced?

5K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  asrowley 
I was just at the pet store today because Blaze isn't eating much of his food... anyway, we picked up about 6 different brands of fishy food since he normally likes those, but as we were looking over various brands I was pretty shocked at some of their prices. There were a few priced between 2.50 and 3 dollars for a 3 oz. tin! Make sure to get the larger tins (~12 oz.) whenever possible to save money.

The 6 oz. tins were closer to 1.50-2.00 (grain free being on the higher side), a few of the lower end ones (Friskies, Fancy Feast) were closer to .70 cents (if anyone's interested you can get them cheapest I've found at Canadian Tire, they used to be .45 cents but I think the price jumped up recently, might not be the best deal any longer)... shopping around at various pet stores, not chain pet stores, might pay off in finding cheaper prices, too.

There's also a few middle of the road foods at a good price, like Chicken Soup for the Cat... and as far as kibble goes, Costco brand (Kirkland) is pretty good for its price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.